Monday, May 26, 2008





This is mom and I at the retirment ceremony. It was a sad happy time. Mom received an award for her accomplishments. In fact it was a medal. It was all very nice. You can also see that i am addressing the troops with my classic hand pose. It was nice. We had root beer, pizza, ice cream and apple pie. The root beer was in glass bottles, very classy.

My assistant made me a beautiful stain glass cross in a mahogany frame. He also made mom a stained glass turtle. Mom was impressed with the artwork. It was all quite nice. It was an exhausting day. Saying goodbye is not easy. After almost 25 years, it all came back to perspective as I stood there and tried to talk. I must have stood there for about 15 seconds before I said anything. I was trying to control my emotions. I said things like its the assignments that help you grow and its the people that lets you serve. I was grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve God and Country.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Hey dad, I am proud of you. I am sure that the day was bittersweet. I wish that we could have been there. By the way, it looks like you have a cold one in the first picture. Must have been some party :).

ash said...

Thanks for sharing these pics. Looks like a grand occasion! Well done and congratulations to all of your many great years of service!

Unknown said...

I am glad you posted pictures! Not to sound like a broken record, but I really do wish we could have Congratulation on all your hard work, and I glad you had a great time, because you both sure deserved it! We love you both! :)

Jess said...

How about an update, chap?

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

okay guys... really... you need to post something up here. :)

Amy and Richard said...

Nice to see the pics. What an event.