Sunday, February 3, 2008


The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about himself. At the end of the post, the player stabs tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their homes blogs and leaves them each a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged.

10 years ago
I was teaching at the school of the americas- a joint teaching position at Fort Benning, Georgia. I was teaching democratic sustainment, human rights and just war theory. It was a challenging job in that the course work was at the college level and all the instruction to include lesson plans were written and taught in Spanish. Probably, one of the most difficult things that I have done in that my native language is English. I enjoyed the officers from central and south America. They would bring their families with them, their children and spouses. Many of the spouses were well educated - doctors, lawyers, dentists. However, all the women were deeply invested in their families. They treated me like a Catholic priest. They all called me Padre, and I was an integral part of their lives, i.e., visiting their homes, taking them to church and blessing their families (literally).
5 things on my to do list today

Church
Interview with Christine
Attend Fireside on B of M
Schedule out the week
Prepare talk on Tithing and Fast Offerings for HC

5 snacks I enjoy
Cracker Jacks - What do you got when you have to have something
String cheese
Almonds
Popcorn - Carmel
Wheat thins
Tortilla chips

What I would do if I was given a billion dollars
I thing I would invest it, and give a majority of it away. I don't believe too much money is good for the soul
3 bad habits

Leaving my wet towel on the bed after a shower
Leaving the refrigerator door open
Not exercising daily

5 places I have lived

Honolulu, HI
Fairbanks, AK
Fayetteville, NC
Fort Benning, Georgia
Schweinfurt, Germany

5 jobs I have had

Zimi Man BYU
Steel Worker
Teacher
Ground Crew
Working with migrants


5 things people don't know about me

I love to cross country ski
I am a bungalow ficionado
I played in the symphony at BYU
I use to go to the formula 500 race ca events - watching parneli jones, and AJ foyt.
I love louis Lamoir novels

1 comment:

Jess said...

Remind me what a Zimi Man did again.