Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tag-eriffic


8 things I'm passionate about:

1. my family
2. arts and craft architecture
3. cross country skiing
4. christine de la cruz
5. icons
6. gothic cathedrals
7. a good sleep
8. gospel

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. learn how to renovate a house, and do it.
2.visit the vatican
3.loose 5 pounds
4.become a great gandpa
5.become passionate about the scriptures
6.pray daily
7.do family history
8.write a book of devotions

8 books I have read recently:
1. the book of names
2.the book of mormon
3.family theories and concepts
4.ethics 101
5.highly effective families
6.bunglows and cottages
7.the Bible an eight part series
8.stories of moral courage

8 things I often say:
1. what you doing
2. what's for dinner
3. come into my office
4. Hm
5. where you going
6. what do you want to do
7. thank you
8. see yah

8 things that attract me to friends: (I don't have alot of friends)

1. not needy
2. independent
3.
4.

8 songs and albums I could listen to over and over:
1. Gregorian chants
2. good ole rock'n role
3. Beatles music
4. primary songs
5. Wille Nelson - Star dust
6. Duke Ellington
7. Beach boys -- if i am close to the beach
8.Mormon Tab during conference


8 things I learned this year:
1. it's time to retire
2.retiring is harder than you think
3.endure to the end
4.best to be kind in most situations
5.i am getting older--my mind isn't as quick
6.if you run a marathon a year, it motivates you
7.the King James 1611 version of the Bible was written without margin notes due to the fact that King James Mother was killed -- used one translation of the Bible to support execution
8.Liptor (medication of H/C causes flu like symptoms)

8 random things about me:
1. I started running marathons at age 50
2. I like silence
3. I like watching Chick Flicks with Christine
4. I am fascinated with Arts and Craft furniture and design
5. I have been in about 2o different countries
6. During my 25 years in the mililtary, I slept two years on the ground w/out sleeping bag
7. I visited Hiefz's brother with my father when I was 12
8. I poured water in my grandfathers 1959 Ford Ranchero

6 comments:

ash said...

This was a delight to read! It was hard for me to think of eight things for all of the categories too. Maybe I'll write a book about it. haha. I want to hear more about when you poured water into your dad's car...

ash said...

I mean your grandfather's car...

Jess said...

Who is Hiefz?

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

okay, click on my name, and then it will bring you to a page where you can click on my blog and read it! i haven't updated in a while, but i will soon!

Unknown said...

okay, sorry, click on my name now...

Chap said...

holley, we love reading your blog. Thanks! How do you put the cool pictures in it?(Christine)